Friday, November 22, 2013

Weekend reading...

I was going to write a blog post this week, titled "Alabama is growing on me" but somehow the days are flying by and it's Friday already, time for my weekend reading links, so I figured I'll combine the two posts.

Alabama is growing on me! Strange but true! At first,I hated it here. I'm not saying that I love it now, but things have definitely improved. There are some really nice things that you can do here (The ZooThe Botanical Gardens, Shopping at the Summit, The Villages of Mountain Brook,... to name a few); the weather is, outside of the summer months, really nice and enjoyable and I have met several nice new people. I guess any place in the world can be great, if you are around nice people and the greatest city on earth can feel lonely and terrible if you don't know anyone.

I have also, yet again, learned a lot about myself. I have moved around in the past, but this was the first move with kids. I am not patient. Not really big news for anyone who knows me well, but I have learned about myself that I have a tendency to whine about things without letting time help to works things out. Something to work on in the future. :)
























Happy weekend, everyone!

Have you seen Zach Braff's photobomb?
On the 50th anniversary of his death, the Huffington Post has published a really nice JFK photo series, showing him campaigning.
Another great photo series.
One of Sophie's favorite foods.
Such cute ideas!


No comments:

Post a Comment