Monday, June 16, 2014

This weekend

We had such a beautiful weekend! It's only mid June but the days are getting hotter and hotter. This climate is not for me, but since this is our last summer here, we still want to try to go out and do stuff while we can.

On Saturday, we started the day with working out. Alex took the girls out jogging and I went to take a barre class at the YMCA. It felt good to work out again and as I always, I need the "me time" that I get there.

We had been wanting to do a nice neighborhood walk in Mountain Brook,which my friend Lucy showed me earlier this year, several weeks ago but had to cancel due to thunderstorms. This time the weather was perfect. (ok, not perfect, we were sweating like pigs, but it did not rain and there were some clouds that made the heat bearable).




Mountain Brook is gorgeous. It is one of the wealthiest cities in the US, despite only having 20,000 inhabitants. So you'll get beautiful houses, lush landscaping and great views on (the not so beautiful) skyline of Birmingham.









We finished our walk with a visit to Continental Bakery. Alex and me were joking that we should start to write a "Birmingham City Walks" book (similar to this ) and this could be walk number one. Not sure how many walks there would be in total, but we'll try to explore some more.



Sunday was Father's Day and instead of going out for brunch, we had breakfast at home, followed by a morning at the pool with our friends Julia, Howard and Lukas. Sophie looooves the pool and Ella is slowly getting used to it as well.




The highlight of the day, however, was that Alex and me got to go out on a date night. We went to Avo/Dram, (again in Mountain Brook) a whiskey bar and a restaurant that share a space. We really enjoyed it. Thanks to Julia, who offered to babysit. We owe you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment