Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A quick hello before taking a break

We are getting ready for our trip to Oregon and Hawaii and I just wanted to say hello and share a few pictures from the last days before saying goodbye. I am going to take a summer break from blogging until early August. If you miss my posts (and I know you will :), you can always follow me on Instagram to see what we are up to.

Sophie had her last day in preschool last Thursday and has been home since so things are busier than usual. I am surprised, but so far she has not asked about school. I think she likes to be home (as long as I keep her busy) and she is starting to get excited about our trip. Ella and I brought popsicles for her friends on her last day and she handed out little thank you cards and gifts to her teachers.





Sophie and her friend Lukas also finished their swim course on Thursday. They had a lot of fun and I hope that it gave them a confidence boost for feeling more safe in the deeper water.


We had a great long 4th of July weekend with a visit to Rainbow City, Alabama. One of Alex colleagues has a house at the lake and we spent our Saturday there, just relaxing.



Sophie cracked me up, as usual. She INSISTED on wearing the pink goggles (they are pink, mommy!!) despite the 90+ Fahrenheit.




The girls are usually good at keeping themselves busy but since it is getting hotter outside and we are mainly stuck inside, it is important to come up with new things here and there in order to keep them happy. We bought some fingerpaint yesterday and being messy with it kept them entertained for a while.





I hope you will all have a great rest of July - see you in August. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment