Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's December, baby!

I think December is my favorite month of the year. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I was born in December or simply that I love the holiday season. I have been playing Christmas music for about two weeks, the house is decorated, I bought all the supplies for baking gingerbread men, making mulled wine (GLUEHWEIN) and apple sauce muffins that taste just like Christmas. (thanks to my old Portland neighbor and friend Nell!) And I'm itching to go out and buy a tree. On the to-do list for this weekend! The girls are so excited about Christmas, especially Sophie. We will visit Santa this Sunday and I can't wait to see their reaction. And the fact that Alabama is experiencing a "heat wave" with 70 degrees Fahrenheit and sunshine doesn't bother my Christmas mood at all.

Anyway, before I forget, we had a great Thanksgiving weekend at the beach. So funny that everyone here calls it "the beach". In Oregon everyone was going to "the coast". All these differences. Like "you guys" (West Coast) vs. "y'all" (The South). Love it. We met this really funny,elderly guy in Florida who was originally from Italy but has been living in Georgia for almost his whole life. He still had a beautiful Italian accent and we talked for a little bit about where we all are from and how beautiful the beach is, lalala. At the end, he waved and said: Ciao, y'all! Loved it!

Below some pics - the girls loved the beach as well. Ella got over her sand adversion and we all had a good time!






No comments:

Post a Comment