Monday, January 12, 2015

I am back - Happy New Year!

HAPPY 2015!

After a three-week break, I am finally back to blogging! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas break and a good start into the new year. We, traditionally, had sick kids for the entire school break but had a good time nonetheless. Both girls were still healthy on Christmas Eve, so we got to enjoy watching them in their happiness. Christmas is so much better when you have little kids. The excitement, the happy eyes. So much fun to watch!


Sophie was screaming: "Oh my gosh/goodness!" (in English) all the time. She could not believe that Santa brought all those amazing presents. Her favorite was, not surprisingly, her Elsa dress. She put it on immediately and has been wearing it every day since. (I sneak it out of her room to wash it here and there, of course. )








Ella's favorite gift was a purse. If you know Ella, that should not surprise you. We have two girly girls, I guess. 






The new year has started and I've been on an emotional rollercoaster ever since. Less than five months before the big move and I feel so un-organized. I'm trying to find preschool spots for our girls, but since we do not have an apartment/house (finding one seems IMPOSSIBLE) in Stuttgart yet, this has proven to be pretty difficult so far.  There is excitement in me about moving back but also fear. I'm so used to the American lifestyle after seven years in this country. Yes, there are some things that I absolutely hate (the driving for example and the lack of walkeable areas), but a lot of things are also so much easier here. (people are so much more kid-friendly, all this space!)  Space is an issue. We have gotten used to a lot of space and will have to downsize significantly. So many weird thoughts in my head. I hope all will clear up once the moving date is here.

I'm not a big fan of New Year's resolutions, as you might already know. I have just set one goal for myself for this year: Stay calm and positive. I hope that I can live up to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment