Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Tik tok

We have exactly three more months until the movers will start packing up our entire house. Time is flying by so fast, sometime it's almost scary..

Anyway - the good news: We found a house to rent! Yay! Friends of ours are - what a coincidence - moving to the US for three years as expats and we will rent their house. The even better news: I scored a preschool spot for BOTH girls in a Montessori school about ten minutes away from that house, driving distance. I cannot tell you how relived I am! We'll be moving to a really small town, about twenty minutes outside of Stuttgart. Not where we originally wanted to be, but since it's temporary anyway, it doesn't matter. This will give us time to look for a place of our own, which is kind of hard to find in the Stuttgart area.

I'm already busy decluttering and with every box I open (yes, we still have some boxes that we never unpacked..) lots of memories come up. Pictures from my teenage years, old postcards, baby clothes, you name it. It makes me sentimental. Sometimes it's hard to let go, but so necessary!

I think this is just the beginning of the emotional roller-coaster. To be continued..

No comments:

Post a Comment